Thursday, April 5, 2012

friday 4.6.2012

Oh my god! No way!
http://gizmodo.com/5898308/scientific-proof-that-junk-food-makes-you-miserable
No shit. I think we've known it long enough, but sometimes it helps to read about a real life scientist confirming your beliefs.

And just so you guys know, I've been having some pretty good luck with a more casual approach to Paleo. I'm on/off with the Greek yogurt and all my meals have been Paleo, but I drink a crap load of coffee (while making sure to also take in plenty of actual H20 as well). I find as long as I keep my protein intake up and my fat sources healthy, a simple adjustment of carbs gets me a long way. If I'm not training, I dial them back a bit. If I'm training hard, I take in more. If I have a cheat meal, I also dial my carbs back for the next 12 hours or so.

I'm not in competition mode right now, so I'm a little more free to experiment. I suggest you do the same.

  1.  Dynamic Back Squat:
    10 @ 60%
    8 @ 70%
    8 @ 75%
    8 @ 80%

    * Rest :90 between sets. "Dynamic" means get some chains or bands on those squats. I prefer chains as they're easier to calculate. Add 44lbs of chains (cus that's what ours weigh), subtract 22lbs from your target numbers.
  2. a) Dynamic Front Squat:
    5 @ 60%
    5 @ 65%
    5 @ 70%
    5 @ 70%

    b) 4x Handstand walk 16'
    *Do as many sets as needed to cover 16'. Rest :90 between after 'b)' before going back to 'a)'.
  3. a) 4x6 standing vertical jump for height (use wall or pull-up bar to measure)
    b) 4x12 reverse hyper, 40% 1RM back squat.
  4. Make-up "Nasty Girls"

No comments:

Post a Comment