Here we go. The next cycle begins. This shit is going to get heavy. Yes, there are a lot of Olympic lifts. Yes that is on purpose. We will focus on more power lifts in the next cycle. For now, have some confidence in the programming and don't worry about your bench press or deadlift. You should be able to maintain without hitting every lift every week. Hit these lifts with everything you've got and it will pay off.
WEEK 1. DAY1
- power clean + 2 squat cleans:
2x1@65%
3x1@70%
*rest 2:00 between sets - snatch balance:
2x3@60%
3@65%
2x3@70%
*rest 2:00 between sets - push press:
5x5@75%
*:90 second rests - for time:
DU: 100-80-60-40-20
push ups: 50-40-30-20-10
OHS, 135/95: 10-8-6-4-2

Since we are beginning a new cycle, I think it's a good time to ask this question - is the programming designed to be followed in order 1-4? Specifically, if I do the conditioning WOD (4) prior to the strength portion (1-3), will my results be negatively impacted?
ReplyDeleteFor those of use who hit the 5:30PM class regularly, it seems like that's the only way to make sure all the work gets done.
This is obviously something that could be addressed at the gym, but I wanted to try out the comments section in case anyone else had the same question. And nobody ever comments, so I'm breaking the ice.
Matt,
ReplyDeleteIt shouldn't affect your results to complete the met-con and strength segments out of order. It may be a mental challenge, but shouldn't change your overall gains. I'd probably take protein post-WOD though, so you have ample energy for your lifts.