Sunday, March 4, 2012
Monday, 3/5/2012
My inaugural post on this blog! Some folks have been downright CLAMORING for strength programming. As Gambit grows - and our square footage remains the same - its become increasingly difficult to help you guys get your stremph in. I simply can't make all our members lift heavy shit every single day. That wouldn't be fair.
So this blog is for you. Here I'll collect and post WODs that I've written as well as stolen from others, along with links, videos and other random shit to help you on your way. This will all be programmed in the context of what Kelley and I are doing, as well as what the class is doing. Its designed to be done in place of, or in addition to the daily Gambit WOD, so no bitching and moaning if you get a day behind and have to do 176 chest to bar pull-ups in 24hrs. Deal with it or quit.
So without any further ado, here's day one:
1) 4x4 kneeling jumps for height (focus on solid landing position with good squat form)
4x8 heavy ball slams (it only counts if you catch it on the bounce!
2) Take 15 min to establish a 1RM clean and jerk.
3) 21-15-9 reps for time:
400m run
KBS, 70/53
Burpees
*Exercises grouped under the same number indicates a superset!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment